Taking pride in our reputation for customer confidence
We believe that core values are critical to team success and ours are the fabric of our company. We believe growing our people grows our business. What we do, why we do it, and how we do it is defined by our values. We strive to create value, for our customers, our partners and our suppliers.
If you are solutions-oriented, take pride in your work and want to be part of an entrepreneurial organization we look forward to hearing from you regarding your interest in our opportunities.
Position: Accounting Manager (London and Southwestern Ontario)
Company: Hudson Entry & Automation
Location: London, Ontario
Type of Work: Full-time, Permanent
Hudson Entry & Automation Inc. is SW Ontario’s most trusted and comprehensive commercial Security Solutions Provider offering both Sales, Installation and Service of:
- Custom Gate Systems & Automation
- Commercial Overhead Doors
- Electronic Security Systems
- Security Camera Systems
- Electronic Access Control Systems
In the role of Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for leading the financial and accounting function for Hudson Entry & Automation including all financial reporting, accounts receivable, accounts payable and payroll functions. As the Accounting Manager, you will report directly to the President and be a key member of the senior leadership team. The current accounting function at Hudson is entirely outsourced to a third-party accounting firm and we are looking for a proactive individual to bring the role in-house to support our continued growth.
The Accounting Manager role is based out of our London, Ontario office and will have the following key responsibilities:
- Responsible for all financial reporting, including weekly dashboards, monthly financials, and year-end financial statements, including working with current outside accounting firm for year-end statement preparation
- Maintain and improve accounting information systems and data
- Critically analyze and report on financial performance by segment, ensuring variances are clearly communicated
- Support managers and leadership with financial reporting, forecasting, budgeting, and cost alignment for operational efficiency
- Assist in developing and revising annual budgets
- Hold primary responsibility for day-to-day management of all Accounts Payable functions, including bill entry and facilitating timely vendor payments
- Take 100% ownership of aged receivable targets, follow up with past due customers, and work with leadership to escalate when required
- Implement and maintain financial policies and procedures, ensuring compliance with accounting principles
- Address financial inquiries from senior leaders and provide analysis and recommendations
- Participate in management meetings (as required) in order to share relevant information
- Take on primary responsibility for payroll processing and other duties as required
- Responsible for calculating sales commissions and managing related financial tasks
Qualifications & Requirements
- Post-secondary degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
- CPA designation preferred but not a prerequisite
- Minimum three years experience in a senior finance role
- Proficient with QuickBooks online
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and problem-solving abilities
- Technologically savvy and willing to learn new systems
- Capable of working independently and collaboratively in a dynamic environment
- Clear criminal background check
It’s a huge bonus if you have industry experience in one or more of the services provided by Hudson or anything related. If not, that’s ok if you bring other winning attributes including a willingness to learn and grow.
What We Offer
- Engaging & supportive team dynamic
- Extended health care benefits (including paid sick days, disability insurance, and life insurance)
- Dental benefits
- Vision benefits
- On-site parking
- Company events
- Casual work attire
Salary: $70,000-$75,000 (based on experience)
Participation in company quarterly bonus program
- 40-hour work week Monday to Friday
- Reliable transportation required (location not on a bus route)
This comprehensive role is crucial for maintaining the financial integrity and operational excellence of Hudson Entry & Automation Inc., supporting our commitment to providing superior security solutions.
How to Apply
If you are interested in applying for the position, please apply within and/or send an email with your resume and the title of the role in the subject line to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Ladder HR Solutions proudly serves companies across Canada. Our team are specialists in their areas of interest. Our passion is HR.
Hudson is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, diverse, and equitable workplace that is built on trust, support and respect. We welcome all individuals and do not discriminate on the basis of gender identity and expression, race, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, colour, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, sex, citizenship, education, languages spoken or veteran status – just be yourself. Accommodation is available upon request at any point during our recruitment process – we’ll work to meet your needs.
Given the nature of our business, a criminal background check will be required.
Hudson provided two expert gate technicians to help our company shoot a video for a client looking to showcase their slide gate. They also provided us with great logistical support and finding us a great shoot location for the video. These guys are the best.
Hudson Entry and Automation Technicians are Qualified, enthusiastic and willing to work together with our site and other subtrades, and provide additional information for other product lines with competitive pricing.
Terra Vox was very pleased with the work Hudson performed for us during our recent move. They handled all of our security and access needs as well as all the internal cabling within the office. Everything from installation of monitors to locks. They under promised and over delivered on everything they did.
We had the pleasure of using Hudson for a wide variety of work from overhead doors to an alarm with a full camera system and garage flooring and slat wall products. The whole experience from start to finish was a pleasure.
As usual, your team was a pleasure to work with, stayed on schedule and did a great job. Thanks very much to everyone!
Outstanding service! Many thanks, once again.
Amazing!! Thanks everyone for the quick response! Hudson you are our dream team!!
Awesome company all around.
The technician, Nic Mackay, from Hudson made a spare transponder key for my car and programmed it into my car right on the spot. The whole process was very easy and I appreciated the excellent service. Thanks guys for the great job!
Christopher Kennedy and his team at Hudson have been a great asset to our business. We use Hudson for both locksmithing and entry services. His team is always professional with great product knowledge. One of the best at helping solve unique problems through research and technology. Dan Cassidy Operations Manager E&E Mclaughlin
I would definitely recommend Hudson Entry & Automation for your car key lock requirements. A professional, knowledgeable staff that treated myself with the utmost respect and superior customer service. A very affordable alternative that met all my needs. This happy customer thanks you Hudson Entry & Automation for your time.
Great service. Went to Head office to get duplicate vw key cut. Got great courteous and personalized service
Hudson were prompt and professional when caring for my overhead door issue. They also repaired a lock for me at the same time. Thanks to Chris Darren and the team.
Hudson is a great business partner for parking system installations and service. Responsive, dedicated and thorough. Chris and his team go over and above the required scope to get the job done!
We had our home garage door installed by Hudson Entry & Automation and had a great experience. A superior product installed, knowledgeable staff installing, and prompt service ensuring we were satisfied. Would easily recommend their services to any and all in the market!
Have met many of the employees and they are all a pleasure to deal with. Very quick response time, you can tell they really care about their business and clients.
Thus Crew Rocks. Fast. Secure with great pricing. One stop shop for a multitude of services. Can’t go wrong with these guys. Highly recommended.
Have worked with them for a long time in both London and Waterloo. Always very helpful and attentive!